Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 1

Goal: Dunk in 8 weeks(October 11)

Age: 27
Height: 6'
Weight: 175 lbs.
Standing Reach: ~7'10"(in shoes)
Running Vertical: ~30 in.

The purpose of this blog is pretty straightforward.  Inspired by Candyman, I'm going to log my progress in trying to dunk.  I first trained to dunk about ten years ago when my legs were still fresh but information was sparse.  My training was haphazard and undisciplined, leading to mixed results.  I could 'dunk', but they were of the WNBA(not brittney griner) barely-getting-over-the-rim variety.

This time it's gonna be different.  I'm going to be disciplined and carefully record my efforts.  I might make a site to better record my progress.  This time I'm gonna actually "throw it down".

3 comments:

  1. Awesome man! I will be following along closely!

    Looking forward to our friendly competition/wager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Excited to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck man! I'm in the same boat. See you at the finish!

    ReplyDelete