Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pre-Dunk Quest Measurements

I've been humbled.  Just a week ago, I was playing basketball in an indoor gym and I got 3-4 inches over rim.  I hadn't been working out much, so I was feeling pretty good about it.  In fact, I though I would be able to churn out dunks in a few weeks.

Instead, I present my inaugural video which showcases my lack of athleticism.  Just like how your voice never sounds as magnificent as you think when you hear it recorded, my jumping form looked extremely weak.  My movement doesn't look very efficient or very quick.


BUT, this will only make accomplishing the quest even sweeter.  And although I think that jumping indoors adds a couple inches, if I can dunk outdoors, that would mean I could JAM indoors.  So no excuses.

I know we all think we jump smoothly like NBA players, but recording yourself and watching your jump keeps things in perspective.  I remember Candyman had a post about how recording himself forced him to make improvements.  I think this will definitely help me make the proper adjustments.

3 comments:

  1. Yep - watching yourself on video teaches you a lot and provides extra motivation. Keep going man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I filmed myself recently and noticed the same things. My approach was slow. Had no power behind it. My jumping form is just bad, haha. It's amazing how much I noticed.

    Keep working hard, you;ll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I've definitely thought my jump was more graceful and powerful than it looked on video. Now I just have to get the video to match what i see in my head...

      Delete